Monday, January 16, 2012

Breakfast biurrito

First up from the Hungry Girl cookbook was the "yumtastic breakfast burrito". I already had to make a substitution here - regular bacon instead of turkey bacon - because the turkey bacon I bought the other day at the store has mysteriously disappeared. I'm hoping I just didn't end up getting it...otherwise it's been sitting in Jeff's car for a few days.

I was pretty pleased with this recipe, but next time I will definitely make a few changes. I will NOT be using American cheese again (I'll try to use up what we have, but after that, no more!). I really didn't think it would make much of a difference but I could definitely taste it, and I still don't like it. I was a little skeptical about the egg substitute, as this was my first time working with it. I like it though, and I had a realization...is this what restaurants use??? I've never been able to make scrambled eggs that look like the ones you get at restaurants, but these actually did! Next time I need to remember to add some salt and pepper, and even though they looked like they were cooked, I think they needed to go a little longer because my burrito turned out a bit liquidy...

Overall though, I would definitely make this recipe again. It was indeed yumtastic, and although it looked kind of small, it was surprisingly filling!

1 comment: